Drivers of the Team Sky Motorhome must have a Class C driving license. All other Motorhomes below 3,3 tonnes in weight can be driven on a standard valid car license.
Motorhome Hire Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- For the purpose of this Agreement, Ultra Running Limited is referred to as URL.
- The Hirer is the person, firm or organization by or on behalf of whom this Agreement is signed.
- Rental Agreement means the agreement signed by you together with all and any documents expressly referred to in this agreement including insurance documents.
- The motorhome means the vehicle hired to you under the Hire Agreement together with all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment.
- Security deposit means the sum of £500, for attending a music festival the security deposit means the sum of £1000.
- Booking deposit means the sum of £250.
- Any reference to “I”, “me” and “my” refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers or Hirers and who sign the agreement.
- Any reference to “we” and “us” means URL.
- “Hire Period” is the time you collected the vehicle from us and moved off on you hire to the time you returned the vehicle at the end of the hire.
- This agreement is made between URL whose registered office is at Little Bowbrook, Walton Road, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY10 4JA and the person or the Hirer who is signing this form.
- URL Hires out the motorhome to you subject to the Rental Agreement which incorporates these terms and conditions that you completed and signed on paper.
- By signing the Rental Agreement you the Hirer agree that you have read, understand and accept this document and that you will comply with them. The rights and obligations contained in these terms and conditions govern your use of our motorhome and are not transferrable by you. You acknowledge that the motorhome is owned by us and that any attempted transfer or sub-letting of the motorhome by anyone other than us is prohibited and a criminal offense. You should not make any representation that may lead third parties to believe otherwise. We permit you to use the motorhome on the terms of this Rental Agreement only.
Vehicle Pickup and Return
- URL operates from its hire base in Hartlebury, Postcode DY10 4JA. On request URL can arrange to pick you up or deliver a motorhome to you or a holiday destination. A prior agreed charged will be involved to cover our costs.
- Vehicles have to be returned on the date, place and time as shown on the hire agreement. Late returns will result in extra charges.
- Your vehicle will be introduced to you and you will receive an explanation on how everything works. An instruction manual is supplied with each motorhome. Please allow for 1 hour for both the hand over and the return inspection.
- The standard pick up times and returns are arranged at the time of booking. We do have to alllow adequate time to turn the motorhomes around for the next hirer. A delay in returning the motorhome will have an added cost for each hour and part hour it is late. To ensure you return the motorhome on time.
- 7 DAYS A WEEK: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Times maybe flexible, but we may have other commitments outside of these hours. If there is no answer please leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can. The emergency number is always manned.
- After-hours vehicle collection and drop off is available if it has been pre-arranged. There is no charge for the out of hours service. There are a number of good B&B’s on our doorstep, including Hartlebury Travelodge, should you wish to relax before or after your motorhome hire. Please contact us for advice.
Rental charges for motorhomes are calculated on a three day or weeks hire, additional days will be charged against a daily rate, Charges include unlimited mileage and all equipment (excludes ‘optional extras’).
- To confirm a booking a non-refundable deposit of £250.00 by BACS payment only is required to process the reservation. The balance of the total rental cost is due 6 weeks or 42 days prior to commencement of the hire. All payments must be made by bank transfer or Bank Cheque, (Visa/MasterCard available shortly). A rental agreement will act as a pro forma invoice and will be sent along with these terms and conditions showing all the payment options. Vehicles will not be released without cleared payment received in full.
- Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation. It is only binding after it has been confirmed and a down payment of £250 has been received. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 6 weeks prior to departure.
- For late bookings, less than 6 weeks prior to departure the full hire price is payable on booking.
- URL offers competitive prices for festival packages which can include tickets and campervan pass for the weekend. These are payable in full once we have sourced and paid for the tickets for festival entry and the campervan pass. The preferred payment is by BACS.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your order by email.
- The following charges will apply for optional extras on your hire:
- Bedding per set £20 per hire.
- Outside table and chair sets £20 per hire.
- BBQ £20 per hire
- Second full gas Bottle £20 per hire.
- Drive away awning £100 per hire
Driver License, Minimum Age, Documents for proof of Identification
- All drivers are required to hold a Class C driving license to drive the Team Sky Motorhome which is 5.5 tonnes..
- The minimum driver age is 25 years, the maximum is 75. All drivers must have had a full and valid driver’s license for no less than 2 years. Minor endorsements are allowed but all driver’s license details will be forwarded to our insurance company and they may require an additional premium should they increase our premium. This has to be paid before the hire starts. We will need details from you to check your license on line. Motorhome vehicles can be driven with a car license valid to a vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes. The driver must ensure his/her license is valid for the vehicle hired in this agreement.
- Production of all drivers’ licenses on day of departure or before. It is advisable to get all paperwork to us ASAP for peace of mind for all parties.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g. parking tickets/speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire including congestion charges and charges which arise should the vehicle have to be recovered due to your negligence. An administration charge of £25 will occur for each fine.
- Driving licenses must be provided. We also require you to go to https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence and provide the “check code” so that we may view your details on line, you will give
- URL permission to send this onto our insurers.
- Drivers must produce 2 separate means of identification no longer than 60 days old bearing your current home address, ideally:
- Recent utility bill mobile phone bills are the only “utility bills” that cannot be accepted.
- Recent bank statement
- Recent credit card statement
- Recent Council tax Bill
- Documents must match with your current address, if the hirer has moved recently URL can discuss how this is achieved.
- We would advise to email or post these to us, you can bring these on the day of the hire then URL will take copies of the documents. For peace of mind of all parties it would be wise to send these as soon as possible.
- Holders of a non-UK driving license, must seek prior approval for hiring.
- Fully comprehensive vehicle insurance is provided to cover 2 drivers, additional drivers will incur additional costs. As with most insurance policies there is an excess. The hirer is responsible for the insurance excess of £500 for any single damage event.
- In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable for the full excess. This applies in respect of each claim, not per hire.
- The insurance is only for the vehicle and anything none vehicle such as interior equipment are not included in the annual insurance we pay, you should however be covered by your home insurance for any damage to the contents.
- Tyres are not covered on the policy.
- Our insurers will check your details and they may refuse cover or increase the premium depending on your penalties and/or convictions. Any refusal will result in the cancellation of the hire with URL accepting no further liabilities. With an increase in premium we will pass this onto the Hirer at cost and must be payed within 7 days or before the hire commences whichever is the sooner.
- 6 driving penalty points are acceptable but convictions of dangerous driving, driving whilst under the influence of alcohol or drugs, theft and disqualifications all affect your ability to hire our motorhomes with refusal from either ourselves or the insurer.
There is an additional charge of £95 per week or part week for hire for European Travel to cover the purchase of a Green Card for insurance purposes. (Prior approval for EU travel is required in order for the insurance cover to be valid)
There is an additional charge of £95 per week or part week for hire for Ireland Travel to cover Irish roadside assistance
You can take out your own insurance and we will deduct the £100 insurance cost per week from the hire cost, any insurance policy wording must be sent to us to gain approval from our insurance company. It would be wise to gain the wording before paying your own insurance premium as many policies are not adequate enough. The policy must be taken out with URL as the owners of the motorhome.
The hirer is at all times fully liable (without a monetary limit) for:
- Any damage to the URL Motorhome or third party property if the terms of the rental agreement are breached
- Damages caused by sub hire, racing, speed tests or other contests
- Damage caused by careless, willful or reckless driving
- Damage caused by driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Damage to or loss of any personal belongings
- Damage caused by the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel, or fuel added to the water tank
- Damage caused by intentional water submersion or salt water damage
- Damage caused in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition that arose during the course of the hire and that caused or contributed to the damage and loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or ought to have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle.
- Cost to retrieve or recover vehicles which have become bogged, submerged, abandoned and compounded.
- Cost to replace vehicle keys that have been lost or damaged or retrieval of keys that are locked in the vehicle
- Damages caused by the use of not protecting the motorhome in adverse weather conditions. (For example wind and the canopy).
- In the event of an accident you should get the relevant details of all parties involved, including the name of the driver, their contact number and address along with their vehicle registration and insurance details. It is also beneficial to obtain any names, addresses and telephone numbers of any witnesses in the event of an accident. Also ensure that the vehicle is secure, and inform the police immediately and contact URL as soon as you are able.
- Damage can often occur whilst reversing so please seek help from those in your party or others. It is surprising how much bigger a motorhome is than your car so please be careful. We do not want to take the deposit from you or have the hassle of repairing the motorhome and potential loss of hire. Also consider the width, wing mirrors often get damaged when care is not taken. Please also remember the height of the vehicle do not enter car parks with restricted height barriers.
The damage/security deposit is £500. All payments must be made by bank transfer 14 day prior to hire or bring cash to be deposited in the office safe when collecting the vehicle. £1000 for Festival weekend hire. Trackers are fitted to the motorhome to prove your location.
Damage/Security Deposit Refunds
The damage/security deposit is refundable within 14 days of the completion of the hire on the safe return of the motorhome, in the condition in which it left our premises. With the interior clean, including all upholstery, floors, worktops, toilets, utensils and appliances, subject to an inspection satisfactory to us.
Should there be any damage or requirement for any repair, replacement or special cleaning, the costs will be deducted from the security deposit before the balance is returned to you. You irrevocably authorise us to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due to us arising out of this agreement. You agree irrevocably to pay all these reasonable charges upon request. In the event that there is a claim we reserve the right to retain the security deposit for such periods as is necessary to quantify the charges incurred which are to be deducted from the deposit. The security deposit will be used towards funding any loss or damage whatsoever to the motorhome, equipment, fixtures and fittings as well as payment for the insurance excess. Where the security deposit is insufficient to cover the costs, you will pay any additional amounts due. These will be invoiced as appropriate and you agree to pay these on receipt of the invoice. A full itemised breakdown will be given detailing how you have incurred costs during the hire period.
The Excess will not be charged on return of the vehicle provided that:
- The vehicle is returned to the agreed location at the agreed time (£50 per hour part hour the hirer is late returning the motorhome)
- No damage is incurred externally or internally to the vehicle or any 3rd party property (whether negligent, willful, accident or otherwise).
- The vehicle is returned with a full fuel tank
- Waste water tank and toilet have been emptied (Charged at £25 for Water and £50 for toilet)
- No items belonging to URL have been lost or damaged (charged at cost) including the motorhome, fixtures, fittings, windows, wheels and tyres.
- All traffic fines and toll road fees have been paid
- The vehicle is returned in a reasonably clean condition (£100 deep clean charge and an additional £150 for a deep clean and sterilise should there be evidence of toilet overflow)
The vehicles are supplied with a full fuel tank and have to be returned with the same amount. If the vehicle is not returned with the same amount of fuel, the cost to refill the fuel tank will be charged at £50 per ¼ tank.
A 14 day period is stipulated to allow for the time delay of speeding tickets, parking fines, congestion charges and other associated charges that may come to our attention after the hire period has completed.
Keys must be looked after at all times, you must not leave the keys unattended at any time. In the event that the keys are lost or damaged at any time you will be liable for the reasonable costs of obtaining replacement keys. You must lock the motorhome at all times when not in use.
Loss or Damage
You will be liable to us for all losses and costs incurred by us in the event of loss, damage to or theft of the vehicle, its parts or accessories, while on rental, if this damage, loss or theft involves deception by you, or as a result of the keys remaining in the motorhome whilst it is unoccupied, or was caused intentionally or negligently by you or your party. Your liability may include the cost of repairs, loss in value of the vehicle, loss of rental income, towing and storage charges and an administration charge, which recovers our costs for handling any claim arising from damage caused to the motorhome unless responsibility for the damage lies with us or has been determined by a third party or their insurers to lie with the third party. You will not be liable to us for any charge or excess if the loss or damage is directly due to our negligence or our breach of this Rental Agreement. You will be liable for the loss or damage to any in- car entertainment equipment – cover for these items (i.e. the CD player) is not provided by our insurers.
Accidents, theft and vandalism
- You must, where possible, report any traffic accident involving the motorhome to the police (and us) as soon as practicable and report loss, damage or theft involving the motorhome to the police (and us) within 24 hours of the incident or discovery of the incident. Our insurance requires that you must not admit to any liability, release any party from liability, settle any claim or accept any disclaimer in the event of the accident, but should, if possible, take the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses, car registration numbers, together with all the details of the accident, time, place, how it came about, damage to vehicles etc. If you have a camera, take photos of the scene. Please do not move the vehicles before the police arrive, as long as keeping them in situ is a safe thing to do.
- An accident or theft report form must always be completed and submitted to us when you return the motorhome or within 3 days of return of the vehicle, containing all the above information, plus diagrams if possible. In the event of theft, you must return the keys to us where possible. You agree to co-operate with us and our insurers in any investigation or subsequent legal proceedings, providing evidence and attending court if necessary, arising out of any loss of or damage to the vehicle.
Your car maybe parked at our premises but you do so at your own risk, the parking is screened from view from the pavement or road. We cannot accept responsibility for the loss of, or damage to your car or its contents unless caused by us.
Maintenance and Your Responsibility
- The engine oil, water levels and tyre pressures have to be checked at least once a week. The hirer is also responsible for repair or replacement of punctured and damaged tyres and damaged/broken windscreen.
- The vehicle is supplied with at least one full bottle of gas, subsequent refills are the responsibility of the hirer who should ensure that, refilled bottles are of the same size and fitting, returned with the vehicle. Only Calor branded “like for like” bottles should be used. The second gas bottle will be the remainder of the previous hire, remaining volumes are not guaranteed. An optional extra is to have 2 full gas bottles.
- Please treat the motorhome with care, window latches often break when not opened carefully, all damages will be taken out of your refund for the damage excess. Using the chopping boards provided do not use knives directly on the motorhome work surface as this will be classed as damage.
Handling Procedure of Speed and Parking Tickets and Toll Road Notices
URL as owner of the vehicle is liable for all parking and traffic violations. URL does not query any issued fines and pays the outstanding balance. URL often receives traffic and parking tickets after the vehicle was returned and will charge the outstanding balance to the hirer’s credit card. URL will not contact the hirer prior and after the charges to his/her credit card, but will explain the charges and send copies of the parking and traffic violations if contacted by e-mail or on the phone. Leisure life will charge a £25 handling fee for each issued parking or traffic violation. URL will charge a £25 handling fee for toll road fees.
URL strongly recommends that customers take out Personal Travel Insurance and cancellation insurance to cover all eventualities.
Please note that the Booking Deposit is non-refundable.
In the event that you wish to cancel your booking the following fees apply:
· If cancelled up to 30 days prior to pick up – No fee.
· If cancelled within 29 days to 8 days of pick-up – 50% of total reservation cost
· If cancelled within 7 days of pick-up or no show – 100% of total reservation cost
All rights are reserved by us to refuse any hire under any circumstances. No refunds are payable on accommodation, or motorhomes not being available when you change, cancel or seek to vary the agreement after departure. We take no responsibility for any detention, delay, loss, damage that you might experience no matter how it is caused or by whom.
These situations are rare but a motorhome of your choice may not be available and we reserve the right to supply a similar motorhome. A previous hirer may have had an accident, or the vehicle may have been returned in unsafe state. If you are not satisfied with the replacement vehicle or a vehicle cannot be sourced our liabilities are limited to the cost of the hire of the motorhome. We will not have any other liability to you and you shall have no further claims against us.
No refund for any unused portion of the rental is available.
Rental Period Extension
A hire extension is subject to availability and authorisation by URL. Any costs associated with the extension can be discussed in advance of taking the extra days. This may not be possible due to future bookings
Minimum Hire Period
The minimum hire period is 3 days.
In the event of mechanical problems, the hirer must contact us on the emergency number 07860 418040. Breakdown cover is included in the annual insurance policy we take out. The policy allows for anywhere in the EU for a repair at roadside or if not possible to be taken to the closest service centre. Any costs above £200.00 require approval from URL. Retrospective claims for refunds cannot be considered if the hirer has not made contact. The liability is limited to the rental costs of the days you do not have the use of the motorhome.
- Repairs of up to £200 can be completed without authorization by URL. We can either pay the garage directly or reimburse the hirer on submission of the receipt.
- URL will accept reasonable accommodation costs but this is limited to the room only. No responsibility will be accepted for meals or out-of-pocket expenses resulting from a breakdown.
- URL will accept liability (and may process appropriate refunds) where the vehicle was unusable due to mechanical failure and the hirer made immediate effort to contact the emergency number.
- All our motorhomes are meticulously maintained but mechanical failures can happen, please be assured we will react swiftly to minimise any disruption to your hire.
Should URL not be able to supply a comparable substitute vehicle, we will compensate the hirer for each day lost.
Any information supplied to URL will not be passed on to any other 3rd party. You have the right under English Privacy Law to view and correct any information we hold about you.
Do’s and Don’ts. You agree that you shall not:
1. Carry more passengers than the seat belt capacity of the motorhome.
2. Use the motorhome to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward.
3. Tow or push any vehicle, trailer or other object.
4. Drive off road, on unsurfaced roads or on roads unsuitable for the motorhome.
5. Drive when it is overloaded or when loads are not properly secured.
6. Use the motorhome for any illegal purposes, or carry any object or any substance which is illegal or, because of its condition or smell may harm the motorhome and /or delay our ability to rent the motorhome out again.
7. Damage the motorhome by immersion in water with salt water.
8. Take part in any race, rally, test or other contest, drive or park in contravention of any traffic or other regulations.
9. Drive or allow the motorhome to be driven in restricted areas including but not limited to airport runways or service roads and other out of bounds areas.
10. Drive the motorhome through a rotary car wash or use a pressure washer to clean the vehicle, water will find a way into a motorhome, they are not built the same as cars.
11. Deliberately damage or tamper with the vehicle.
12. No refund will be given for unused days should you return the motorhome for whatever reason.
13. No smoking in the motorhome, any smell of smoke within the motorhome will automatically trigger the £150 clean and sanitise fee and will be deducted from your damage/security deposit.
Warranty and obligations of both parties
- You warrant that all information supplied to us in connection with this agreement is true and complete. In particular, on collection of the motorhome you warrant that the information supplied with the original booking has not materially changed.
- We are obliged to supply a motorhome in good overall condition and operating conditions, complete with all necessary documents, parts and accessories.
- You agree to return the motorhome in the same condition as you rented it, subject to fair wear and tear at the location and time and day as agreed with your signature on the rental agreement.
- We are obliged and you agree to inspect the motorhome before and after the rental period with paperwork completed to identify mutually any faults on the motorhome before hire, often we will video the motorhome inside and out as further proof and back up to use as evidence.
- We will only be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any member of your party or to your or their property, where such loss or damage is due to our negligence. Except in the case of death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, our total liability to you in respect of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or tort or other act or omission by us in connection with this contract shall be limited in aggregate to the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the motorhome for the period agreed.
- Where you are a customer acting in the course of a business, this paragraph shall apply instead of the one above. (You will have obtained our permission and that of our insurance company to use the motorhome for business purposes.) We do not accept liability to customers acting in the course of a business for losses of profits, business, contracts, goodwill, anticipated savings, expenses, or other similar losses, for any reason whatsoever. To the extent permitted by law and except in the case of personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, the maximum limit of our liability to business customers, whether in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise shall be the price agreed to be paid by you for the right to use the motorhome for the period agreed.
- We will supply the vehicle free from mechanical defects for the period of the rental agreed in the order confirmation. This guarantee does not cover repairs, replacements, adjustments or other works that are necessary as a result of:-
-wilful or accidental damage, misuse or neglect by you; or
-unauthorised alterations or additions; or
-any unforeseeable circumstances which are not due to our fault or negligence; or
-any attempted repair which you have made without our approval; or
-any failure to follow our instructions.
- We shall not be held responsible for you or any of your party driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, causing wilful damage, off road driving or driving without due care and attention. If we do suffer damages as a result of your actions, you agree to indemnify us against all losses, costs, expenses or liability we may incur in respect of your or your party’s actions.
- You are personally liable for all road tolls, fines and legal penalties (e.g., parking tickets, speeding) which are incurred during your period of hire. Any charges subsequently notified to us, will be immediately invoiced to you and we will require payment within 14 days. If we are still holding your security deposit at this time, we will deduct this sum from that deposit. By signing this Agreement, you accept this. You are liable for any losses or damage caused by you and/or your group and we cannot accept liability for any losses or damage or liability caused by you to yourselves or third parties, or their property.
- You will be responsible for any damage to third parties and their property that arises through your negligence; for example and without limitation: damage caused through loaded luggage and cycles.
- You must use the motorhome and its contents responsibly and comply with our instructions and Health and Safety Guidelines. Where no instructions or advice or guidelines are given you must assume that ‘normal’ and ‘common sense’ rules apply.
These Terms and Conditions override and supersede all previous versions and any previous course of dealing between the parties and incorporate the whole Agreement together with any insurance conditions notified to you at the time of hire or collection (and which are available to view at our premises). In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other of our literature, whether found in our brochure or on our website or otherwise, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions will prevail. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is prohibited by law or judged by a court to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from this Agreement and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions of this Agreement, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions.
When you book your motorhome, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, home address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, security code and the card’s expiry date. This allows us to book the motorhome and insurance for you. We will not sell your information to another company.
Governing law and jurisdiction
We and you agree that the Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. We and you irrevocably agree that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Agreement or its subject matter.
Signing of the rental agreement is your approval of the terms and conditions within this document.